Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Tuesday Tango

'Tango' because, ten years ago when I was blogging more regularly, theme days of the week were all the rage. Thankful Thursday, Manic Monday, etc. 'Tango' because I'm dancing through my random thoughts and updates on this post.

The smoke stacks at dusk

This weekend was a very low key and random smattering of stuff. We had a heat wave locally, so it was very hot and heavy outside. The kids attended a birthday party at the bowling alley, and I went to the nearby thrift store to seek some of my wishlist items. The internet fitting hack of using your neck circumference to see if the waist of pants/shorts will fit actually seems to work! I also scored a nice black bathing suit top to go with my red high-waisted bottoms. 

Saturday night, we tried to attend fireworks put on by a local festival, but the winds were too strong. We only found out after keeping the kids up very, very late, going to a viewing location on the harbour bridge, and waiting for an extra twenty minutes because the organizers didn't communicate very well what was going on. There was a bit of disappointment but mostly everyone was tired and just wanted to go home to bed, so no tears or attitude. Both kids seemed to enjoy looking at the city lights from the bridge. 

Sunday was absolutely a swimming-at-the-lake day. My goal for the summer has been to go swimming as much as humanly possible with the kids. Once we got home, K built a hanging storage rack for our totes - this will hold most of our camping goods since we had no storage space for much of this stuff. He's very proud of it and calls it his holder holder. 

The new holder-holder

 My parents-in-law, who provide child care on my work days, were originally planning a little overnight trip with the grandkids for Monday overnight into Tuesday, but the weather forecast kyboshed that plan. Instead, they kept our kids overnight. It's always nice to not have to get the two small humans ready for such an early work day departure for childcare once in a while. Unfortunately, a close family member has a brand new case of Covid, so K and I used our night to do a supply run (it's a fair distance). 

While "down home," K asks about the small sandy beach we were combing: "This sand must be imported, right? Trucked in a long time ago?" Dear reader, I couldn't resist ribbing him since we were located in a place called Sandy Cove which, not coincidentally, got its name from being a cove full of sand. He seemed genuinely surprised sand could naturally occur at this part of the sea coast.

It's now Tuesday and my plans for the rest of the week include buying running shoes (lol but how am I going to do that if I need to take a disinterested ten year old and a six year old who LOVES to shop a little too much?), meal planning and prepping for our camping trip next week, and lying low. 

Drop me a comment to say hi if you made it through all that.



No comments: