So far, we have:
- Done 90% of our shopping, even capitalizing on some used deals and making some gifts. For Bird, K. and his father made a Little Helper tower from this amazing website by a mom who can do it all and offers free plans so you can, too.
|Source: Ana White homemaker|
- Purchased our Christmas Day turkey. We'll be entertaining my parents on Christmas Day. My mum has so wonderfully hosted most of the holiday dinners since Bird's been born, but I am perfectly able to cook a damn good turkey dinner now. K.'s brother-in-law has generously offered to do the Christmas Dinner for the gathering for that side of the family on December 22nd.
- Ordered our family photo christmas card.
This upcoming weekend, we'll be preparing the decorations and lights. I'm really looking forward to it.
As traditions go, we are planning the following as our family Christmas traditions:
- Opening one gift each on Christmas Eve. The plan is to make it pyjamas and maybe a Christmas book/movie.
- Taking a drive or walk and checking out Christmas lights in different neighbourhoods.
- Baking Molasses Spice cookies.
- Volunteering/paying it forward in some way, shape, or form. This year I have been volunteering with Feed Nova Scotia. Last year our whole family took up a collection of money amongst ourselves and bought gifts for needy children through our church.
What are your family's traditions? How are your holiday preparations coming along?