Sunday, July 15, 2012

I said I'd never mommy-blog

In my life, I've sworn up and down I'd never do many things, namely:

  • Get married
  • Have children
  • Breastfeed
  • Write a mommy blog
But as it turns out (to use a cliche not even a full post into this blog), life is what happens when you're busy making other plans.

My son, Baby Bird, was born to husband, K., and I in March 2012. My heart blossomed with love unimaginable to me. My life changed for the better. My mind gallops off into the sunset regularly, and I just need a place for all the prose I write in my head. Equally, I need a place to offload all of my doubts, misgivings, and fears about motherhood. 

So, welcome to my beautiful life here at the Bird's Nest, the mommy-blog I never imagined I'd want need to write.


A little about my family and I:

I'm a twenty-something Mama and Wife living in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. You can call me Kim. I work in human resources and am going back to school in September 2012 to specialize in Career Development. I can see myself owning my own business as a career counsellor in five years or so. My husband, K., is a twenty-something family man whose love, patience, and devotion to his family never fails to make me fall further in love. My baby son, who I call Baby Bird, is nearly four months old now, and he is the light of my life. We have two family cats, Marvin (the scrawny troublemaker) and Gretchen (the fat but stealthy black cat).

No comments: